GGRAsia – Macau’s Marketing to Chengdu to Attract Golden Week Tourists

0


Macau’s Marketing to Chengdu to Attract Golden Week Tourists


Macau casino and resort brands are participating in a five-day marketing campaign, starting September 23, in Chengdu, capital of Sichuan province of China, to encourage residents of that city to visit Macau during the period of October Golden Week holidays.

Macau resort operators will participate to market their non-gaming products during “Macau Week in Sichuan Chengdu”.

The Macau Government Tourism Board (MGTO) has announced that it is organizing a roadshow with a number of exhibits at Jiaozi Plaza, in the high-tech industrial development zone of Chengdu.

As part of the campaign, the resort industry and airlines will present a range of travel offers, including vouchers for the cost of airline tickets, hotel accommodation or meals. , with a total value of over CNY 110 million ($ 17 million), the Macau Tourism Board. said in his statement on Thursday.

On September 12, Lei Wai Nong, Secretary of Economy and Finance of Macau, mentioned Macau Week in Sichuan as one of the campaigns planned for boost tourist arrivals from Macau for the upcoming Golden Week of Autumn, a holiday period in China that encompasses the National Day on October 1.

The October Golden Week was, before the pandemic, a peak time for tourism in Macau and for casino revenues there.

MGTO director Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes said on Thursday that she was confident that Golden Week fall would see daily tourist arrivals return to 35,000, the Macau News Agency reported. .

Only mainland China currently has a mostly non-quarantine travel bubble with Macau.

A new Covid-19 outbreak in mainland China’s Fujian Province “could hamper” the recent recovery in Macau casino gross gaming revenues (GGR), a note on Monday from brokerage firm Sanford C. Bernstein Ltd.

Local authorities on Thursday recorded 61 new locally transmitted cases in Fujian, linked to the more infectious Delta variant of Covid-19. This is the largest tally since the outbreak began on September 10.

Macau health authorities had already imposed a 14-day quarantine for people entering from parts of Fujian, including the whole city of Putian, and two districts of Xiamen. Today, this quarantine has been extended to a village under the administration of Zhangzhou City.

The situation in Fujian is “very serious” and the number of cases is expected to increase, experts from China’s National Health Commission said today, state broadcaster CCTV reported.

He quoted experts as saying that other cities in Fujian should step up their prevention policies, but so far stressed that there was no sign that the epidemic has spread to other provinces.




Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.