Niagara Falls gunman convicted | Local news


LOCKPORT – A Falls man linked to a shooting outside a popular Niagara Street bar will spend four years behind bars on his conviction on a weapons charge.

Julian Seright, 40, was sentenced by State Supreme Court Judge Richard C. Kloch Sr. for his guilty plea to a charge of attempted second degree criminal possession of a weapon. At the time of his plea, Kloch had told Seright that he would sentence him to no more than five years in prison.

Seright was one of three men accused of participating in a savage shootout outside Player’s Bar in the 300 block of Niagara Street.

Investigators said Johnny Mulkey, 32, of the falls, traded bullets with Seright and Garrien Tillman, 38, of the falls, around 2 a.m. on June 6, 2019. While police said the three shooters all came out unscathed from the gunfire, two of the men were shot in the leg and ankle, and a woman was shot in the stomach. None of the injuries were life threatening.

Police said it was not clear which of the snipers, who were all armed with handguns, hit the victims. Investigators also said they were never able to determine the motive for the shooting.

Captain Kelly Rizzo, then commander of the Niagara Falls Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division, said shooters were using parked cars as cover as they exchanged gunfire. The shooting took place in front of the Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino.

Players co-owner Mark O’Farrell has denied there was any unrest at the bar after the shooting.

Mulkey, Seright and Tillman were all charged with reckless first degree endangerment and second degree criminal possession of a weapon in connection with the incident. The charges against Tillman were dismissed.

Kloch previously sentenced Mulkey, known to police as a gang member and drug trafficker, to six years in prison under a plea deal that saw him plead guilty to charges stemming both from the bar shootings and another shootout outside a 19th Street Convenience Store, also in 2019.


Comments are closed.